Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturdays

     There is nothing I love more than Saturday mornings. I get to attempt to sleep in, which doesn't happen often, but always worth a shot. I can sip my tea unrushed, read a book, and simply relax. Let go of all of the stress from the week and just enjoy my time. There are days that my UT and UVA roomies and I don't do much together simply because we relish days like this. The only thing that makes Saturday morning better? The rain. We are still in long rainy season and I love it. I have been up for hours just listening to the rain fall. It is probably the most soothing thing to wake up to here. 
     I'm beginning to realize that I may not have many more Saturday mornings like this one. Before I know it, the rainy season will be over and not too long after I'll be headed home. But for now, I am here in this stunningly beautiful African nation and I intend to relish this Saturday morning for all it's worth. 

Lesson Learned:
1. Every moment counts. Enjoy them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment